Southampton, PA — Barbed fittings for use with plastic and rubber tubing and reinforced hose are available from NewAge Industries in five materials. Each material — polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, PVDF, and brass — offers different performance properties to meet the demands of diverse applications such as appliances, medical devices, chemical transfer, laboratories, food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical uses, general industrial, vending equipment, potable water, MRO and OEM.
The advantages of Thermobarb's different materials include:
- Polypropylene - excellent chemical and solvent resistance; autoclavable; made from FDA-approved material; available in natural color and black
- Polyethylene - chemical resistance; high impact resistance at low temperatures; NSF-61 (National Sanitation Foundation) listed material for use with potable water; black color
- Nylon - resists physical stress and abrasion; made from NSF-61 and NSF-51 (food equipment) material; autoclavable; natural color
- PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) - excellent resistance to abrasion and U.V. exposure; resists creep and fatigue under mechanical stress and load; autoclavable; wide temperature range: -80°F to 226°F (-62°C to 107°C); natural color
- Brass — designed for maximum durability; made of durable CDA 360 brass
Thermobarb fittings offer simple connections — just push the fitting into the tubing and secure it with a clamp. Multiple barbs provide a tight fit with the tubing's I.D.
Sizes range from 1/8" through 1" tubing I.D. in styles that include tees, wyes, reducers, connectors, adapters and nipples. Pinch clamps and check valves are also stocked, as well as clamps and other fittings such as push-to-connect, compression, and cam operated couplings.
For more information on Thermobarb Barbed Fittings, contact the Fluid Transfer Specialists® at NewAge Industries, Inc., 145 James Way, Southampton, PA 18966; phone 800-50-NEWAGE (800-506-3924) or 215-526-2300; fax 800-837-1856 or 215-526-2190; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About NewAge Industries and AdvantaPure®
In business since 1954, NewAge Industries manufactures and fabricates thermoplastic and thermoset tubing and hose. The company offers one of the broadest product lines of tubing, hose, and fittings in the U.S., and its custom extrusion and fabrication services are unrivaled. NewAge Industries maintains an inventory of over ten million feet of tubing and hose and prides itself on same-day shipment of 98% of orders for its core product lines. In 2006, NewAge initiated an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) for the benefit of both its employees and customers.
The AdvantaPure division of NewAge Industries specializes in clean products for the pharmaceutical, biomedical, food, beverage, chemical, and cosmetic industries. All products are manufactured, stored, and shipped using the cleanest methods possible to ensure unsurpassed product purity.