Position: Quality Inspector
An inspector is to maintain quality standards by inspecting incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results. This would be achieved by counting, measuring, and inspecting product to verify that it meets specification and requirements. This verification might entail checking the product against bill of ladings, invoices, inspection sheets and drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Being able to identify the different types of NewAge and OEM products
- To work with the Quality department management, on a daily basis, to identify what the workload is and what is required to meet the customer demands
- Completing incoming, in-process or final inspection against specifications and/or drawings for defects
- Incoming/Final inspections consisting of outside vendor's products.
- Incoming inspections consisting of all raw material compounds.
- In-process inspections for all inside manufactured products (examples: Plastics, Silicone, FAB, Hose Shop, Mold Shop and AdvantaFlex).
- Final inspections for all inside manufactured products (examples: Plastics, Silicone, FAB, Hose Shop, Mold Shop and AdvantaFlex).
- Recording inspection details and information for all inspections
- Knowing and understanding what is required to complete the inspection sheets.
- Attaching identification tags onto product to make sure the status of the product can be identified.
- Record and document when product is defective or in question
- Notifying the appropriate personnel that product is suspect and needs to be review by management
- Filling out the Suspect Material Report and documentation.
- Using and understanding the computer system for tracking this information.
- Continually monitoring and following up on existing nonconformities.
- Possibly unloading and unpacking incoming or outgoing shipments
- Visually being able to identify if product is damaged or acceptable.
- Being able to obtain the proper inspection sampling needed to conduct the inspection at hand.
- Making sure that all Quality department paperwork and documentation is stored properly
- Knowing and understanding where all the paperwork and documentation is stored.
- Notifying the Quality department management of additional quality issues
- An example would be if work instructions are not being followed.
- An example would be if work instructions are no longer accurate.
- An example would be if equipment has been damaged or miss-reading information.
- Able to operate the company's calibration program
- Knowing and understanding how to identify calibrated equipment.
- Knowing and understanding what equipment needs to be calibrated.
- Knowing and understanding the process of calibrating equipment and the documentation that involves this process.
- Producing product certifications for outgoing customer shipments
- Knowing and understanding that a process is in place and what is required.
- Knowing and understanding how to identify customer certifications.
- Understanding what are the clean room processes and what the Quality functions are in these rooms
To perform this job successfully, an individual MUST be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are that the individual will be able to maintain a consistent level of motivation for the workload and continuously strive to make the Quality team a cohesive unit. There will be reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. But at no time should this individual overlook the workload on hand.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (ASQ certifications are a plus, but not initially required).
The ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints; material specifications; safety rules; operating, maintenance and work instructions; and procedure manuals; the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; the ability to speak effectively before groups or customers or employees of the organization.
Having the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; using whole numbers; common fractions and decimals. Also having the ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw & interpret bar graphs.
Having the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; while also having the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud & the temperatures will change, depending on the seasons.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: NewAge only hires those who do not smoke or use tobacco or vaping products.
TOP OF PAGE
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
NewAge Industries, Inc.
145 James Way
Southampton, PA 18966-3817
Attn: Human Resources
Paste text directly into the email message body or attach Word, PDF, or plain text documents only.
NewAge Industries is an equal opportunity employer looking only for honest, ethical, highly-motivated team players to grow with us. Our positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including bonus (gainshare), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid holidays and vacations, and retirement benefits that include a pension plan, 401k, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).