Position: Master Scheduler
Plans, establishes and manage production schedules to meet custom and stock demand. Develops schedules in accordance with manufacturing capacity, customer due dates, and supply chain input to satisfy customer demand. Influences and coordinates activities of cross-functional personnel engaged in the above activities using planning software and solid business judgement. A specialist and a leader in complex business, technical, and software matters, the scheduler is expected to work independent, but interact daily with cross functional leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop, implement, and manage a master production schedule and forecast to optimize production while ensuring that deadlines are both reasonable and met on time.
- Responsible to exercise discretion and independent judgment regarding significant operation plans that balance manufacturing efficiency against customer service levels.
- Drives continuous improvement of the Master Schedule, incorporating best practices and adjusting accordingly to an ever-changing marketplace.
- Spearhead inquiries into market demands and implement strategies that balance demands/capability of customers and internal resources.
- Strategic and Tactical communication with Operations, Sales, Purchasing and Finance to meet business goals.
- Master Scheduler will identify, lead and where appropriate execute scheduling, manufacturing, and supply chain related continuous improvement activities.
- Analyze material demand, manufacturing plans and capacity, sales and usage history, and forecasts to create, organize, adjust, and control the ERP/MRP master schedule and monthly operations plans, including weekly allotment on daily job releases and adjustments.
- Lead daily frontend production meeting.
- Works in conjunction with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams.
- Calculate production lead times and practical promise dates.
- Lead all respective work center inputs and output loading.
- Establish load profiles to graphically compare each work station's available capacity to the
load established by the planned and released orders for each time period of the plan.
- Resolve work center load and available capacity issues.
- Manage schedule compliance to expedited and new job milestones.
- Update and distribute daily comparison reports
- Collaborate with Mfg. Engineering in the development of process productivity standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain KPIs for efficiency, utilization, and productivity.
- Identify and reduce waste in all areas of NAI supply chain.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the necessary knowledge, skill and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 10 or more years of scheduling experience.
- Solid understanding of extrusion, assembly or multi stage molding.
- APICS, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience in planning, scheduling and overall management of planning and scheduling.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strategic thinker, strong analytic skills.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to balance serval tasks and meet set deadlines. Excellent multi-tasking, problem
solving, and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in data analysis, including report writing.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Working Knowledge of the Following):
- PlannerOne or Gant chart type scheduling system preferred
- Use ERP environment required (Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred)
- Microsoft Office, proficient with Excel
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers and team members at all levels from multiple departments.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, margins, proportions, and percentages
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and dynamic variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; ad talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: NewAge only hires those who do not smoke or use tobacco or vaping products.
TOP OF PAGE
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
NewAge Industries, Inc.
145 James Way
Southampton, PA 18966-3817
Attn: Human Resources
Paste text directly into the email message body or attach Word, PDF, or plain text documents only.
NewAge Industries is an equal opportunity employer looking only for honest, ethical, highly-motivated team players to grow with us. Our positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including bonus (gainshare), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid holidays and vacations, and retirement benefits that include a pension plan, 401k, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).