Position: Drafting Associate
The Drafting Associate helps the Engineering Process group by supplying product and assembly drawing support. This position will also execute other Engineering Process tasks such as costing of components and assemblies and leading DCR efforts for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepare fully dimensioned and tolerance assembly drawings, component drawing, layouts and bills of materials in accordance with NewAge standard drawing practices
- Provides assistance and back-up to Mechanical Draftsman including review of drawings for accuracy
- Support of PDM system including execution of PDM processes and identification of improvements in PDM and company processes
- Manage and facilitate changes through the Document Change Request (DCR) system
- Support other departments through DCR process to maintain timely completion of tasks assigned
- Execute product quotations utilizing established cost models
- Assists with cost modeling development and improvement
- Work as a team player with all team members, vendors and external customers
- Daily team work and collaboration with other departments is expected
- Other duties as assigned by Engineering Process Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to learn and perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree or technical certificate in drafting, design or similar discipline preferred.
- 1-3 years experience creating and approving mechanical drawings in a business environment preferred
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently once trained in a process
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of organization and structure of work-related tasks
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to identify and address mechanical problems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, work instructions and quality standard procedures
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instruction, standard manufacturing procedure forms, drawings, and procedure manuals. One should be able to speak effectively and proficiently to fellow employees in English.
Must possess basic math skills. Must be able to work with fractions and decimals. Should be able to measure effectively utilizing a variety of measurement tools.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret drawings and work instructions.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk as well as sit for long periods
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: NewAge only hires those who do not smoke or use tobacco or vaping products.
TOP OF PAGE
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
NewAge Industries, Inc.
145 James Way
Southampton, PA 18966-3817
Attn: Human Resources
Paste text directly into the email message body or attach Word, PDF, or plain text documents only.
NewAge Industries is an equal opportunity employer looking only for honest, ethical, highly-motivated team players to grow with us. Our positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including bonus (gainshare), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid holidays and vacations, and retirement benefits that include a pension plan, 401k, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).